JOHNNY DEPP PROFILE
NAME – John Christopher Depp II
D.O.B – June 9, 1963 (age 55)
PLACE OF BIRTH – Owensboro, Kentucky, U.S.
OCCUPATION – ACTOR / SINGER
SPOUSE – Lori Allison (m. 1983; div. 1985). Amber Heard (m. 2015; div. 2017).
NET WORTH– $48 MILLION (2018)
Johnny Depp is perhaps the most likeable Hollywood star of recent time. The Award winning actor is a descendant of different ethnic and racial root and he has currently increased his earnings which has boosted his net worth in 2018.
The actor was born John Christopher Depp II on June 9, 1963 (age 55), at Owensboro, Kentucky, U.S.
Johnny Depp was born into a nuclear family of six – consisting of his parents and four children.
He is the last of the children. His father John Christopher Depp, is a Civil Engineer and his mother, Betty Sue Palme was a waitress.
The actor has roots from English, Dutch, Belgian, African and French ancestry. Albeit the Depp is said to be English.
The family moved a lot when in his childhood. Johnny Depp and his siblings lived in more than 15 different cities before settling in Miramar, Florida when young Depp was only 7.
Johnny Depp grew up a normal kid with a penchant for music. At 12, the mother gifted Jonny a guitar.
The actor once reminisced the moment during an interview, labeling it the best moment in childhood.
Young Johnny Depp began to play with the guitar at different garage bands.
He played with some kids. Their band enjoyed little success. They’d move a lot looking for spots to entertain whoever cares.
At 15, his parents divorced. A year after his parents went their separate ways, the actor dropped out of High school.
Depp reportedly attempted a return to school 2 weeks later but the principal advised against the idea.
The principal admonished young Depp to follow his dream. Johnny Depp formed a band with the kids called ‘Six Gun Method’.
The band went to Los Angeles with the hope of signing a record deal. Unfortunately, the group split up before signing a record deal.
Johnny Depp subsequently collaborated with another band called ‘Rock City Angels’ and co-wrote their song “Mary”, which appeared on Rock City Angels’ debut Geffen Records album Young Man’s Blues.
Johnny Depp enjoyed a relatively modest success as a singer. He had no idea he was in the wrong trade.
The man who has become a household name is known for his exploit in films not on music.
The former music prospect went to Los Angeles in a bid to make a name in the entertainment industry.
Johnny Depp met actor Nicolas Cage in Los Angeles. Cage advised him to giving acting try.
Johnny Depp obliged and made a film debut in the low-budget horror film, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
Depp played the character of a teenager who falls prey to dream-stalking demon Freddy Krueger.
The film with Nicolas Cage turned out to be the first of many blockbusters to the name of the Hollywood star, Jonny Depp.
JOHNNY DEPP NET WORTH 2018
How much is Johnny Depp worth? Is Johnny Depp as wealthy as other A-list Hollywood stars?
What position would Johnny Depp occupy in a list of Celebrity rich list? These questions often make the headlines on social media.
A look into the wealth of the Johnny Depp reveals the following;
- Johnny Depp was paid $45,000 per episode in a Tv series ‘21 Jump Street’ in 1987.
- The actor earned $10,000,000 for the blockbuster ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ – The Curse of the Black Pearl in 2003.
- Depp reportedly earned as much as $50,000,000 for his role in the film ‘Alice in Wonderland’ 2010.
- The height of Johnny Depp’s career in terms of earnings was in 2011, when he banked a jaw dropping $55,500,000 for his role in the film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ – On Stranger Tides.
- Johnny Depp has grossed a total sum of $650million as a Hollywood star.
- In 2016, Depp’s net worth was estimated at $400 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- Two years later, the site reports that the actor’s wealth has been slashed in half to $200 million.
- The actor has had his own share of legal troubles. Lawsuits with former managers and attorneys have been fingered as a reason why the actor’s fortune plummeted.
- The actor sued his management for mishandling his fortunes. The management replied, blaming the actor for his financial woes
- The Management Group claimed that Johnny put himself in financial mess by recklessly.
- The actor reportedly spends $3.6 million per year to maintain a 40-person full-time staff.
- He spends $30,000 per month on wine, $150,000 per month on bodyguards, and $200,000 per month on private jet travel.
- The management group said the actor also spent $75 million to purchase more than 14 homes around the world
Johnny Depp is currently estimated by Forbes to have a net worth of $48 million.
Quite a fraction when compared to his gross earning as a Hollywood actor.
JOHNNY DEPP’S WIFE
Jack Sparrow of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, Johnny Depp has been involved in two marriages both ending in divorce.
He first got married to Lori Allison a makeup artist in 1983.
Lori, albeit supportive of the aspiring singer somewhat fell short with Depp and the union ended 2 years later in 1985.
The star actor stayed away from marriage for many years but had different partners during this period.
Some of Depp’s partners include Sherilyn Fenn and Winona Ryder. The actor proposed to the latter, an actress for whom he tattoed on his right arms “WINONA FOREVER”
The actor was in in a relationship with British super model Kate Moss for 4 years. Between 1994 and 1998 but they never walked down the aisle.
In 2015, Johnny Depp got married to longtime girlfriend Amber Heard.
Like his previous marriage, the actor’s marriage to Amber lasted for just 2yrs, ending in 2015.
Therefore, as we speak Johnny Depp has no wife. He however, has two children from his marriages.
JOHNNY DEPP’S CHILDREN
Johnny Depp and partner Vanessa Paradis had a daughter Lilly-Rose.
Lilly is an 18-year-old actress and a model who is currently forging her path in the entertainment industry.
The teenage model has worked with popular brand Vogue and featured in four films so far.
Jonny Depp also had a son, John Christoper Depp III with Vanessa in 2002. He had two children in total.
JOHNNY DEPP MOVIES
The Holly wood star, Johnny Depp is an American actor, director, writer, film producer, and musician.
Depp began his film acting in in 1984 when he played the character – Glen Lantz in the horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street.
The movie also featured the famous Nicolas Cage.
Two years later, the actor featured in the film Platoon with Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, and Willem Dafoe.
Depp became a household name in the ‘90s and made several features in films that cemented his name as a Hollywood star.
In the ‘90s, Johnny Depp starred as the character in the following movies –
- Cry-Baby (1990)
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Arizona Dream (1993)
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993),
- Benny and Joon (1993)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Don Juan DeMarco (1995)
- Dead Man (1995)
- Donnie Brasco (1997).
- Raoul Duke (1998)
- The Ninth Gate as Dean Corso (1999)
- Sleepy Hollow as Ichabod Crane (1999).
Johnny Depp continued his exploits in Hollywood, adorning screens in states across the U.S and the world at large.
In the 2000’s the actor continued his exploits featuring in the following movies –
- Chocolat (2000)
- Blow (2001)
- From Hell (2001)
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003)
- Pirate of the Caribbean (2003)
- Finding Neverland (2004)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
- The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- and Public Enemies (2009)
- Dead Man’s Chest (2006)
- At World’s End (2007)
- On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017).
Too, Johnny Depp has some TV series to his name, some of which include;
Tom. He played Officer Thomas Hanson, Jr. in the crime drama – 21 Jump Street from (1987 to 1990).
Depp also featured behind the screen for the animated series ‘King of the Hill’ in 2004, SpongeBob SquarePants in 2009, and Family Guy in 2012.
JOHNNY DEPP AGE
Due to his impressive acts on the camera, one might be inclined to think Johnny Depp is still very young.
However, as age is no determinant of talent or success, it might interest you to know that the vetran actor is 55 years old as of today.
JOHNNY DEPP AWARDS/ HONOURS
Johnny Depp was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the category of ‘Best Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy’ for his role in the film ‘Tourist’ featuring Angelina Jolie.
Depp was also nominated for an Academy Award in the category of ‘Best Actor’ for his roles in The Curse of the Black Pearl, Finding Neverland, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
He starred in The Rum Diary with Amber Heard (2011), Dark Shadows with Michelle Pfeiffer (2012), The Lone Ranger with Armie Hammer (2013), and Transcendence (2014) with Morgan Freeman received nominations for these movies.
Truly, Johnny Depp is recognized globally for his starring role in the movie “Pirates of the Carribean”.
For the latest new on celebrity net worth and happenings, we’re sure to keep you posted.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Dwayne Johnson Net Worth 2018
- Top 10 Most Handsome Black Actors in The World in 2018
- 11 Highest Paid English Players and their Net Worth
- Vin Diesel Net Worth 2018
- Tom Brady Net Worth
- Eminem Net Worth
- Deepika Padukone Net Worth 2018: Age, Career, Movies and Family
- Salman Khan Net Worth 2018: Movies, Songs, Wife and Cars
- Kylian Mbappe Net Worth 2018: Girlfriend, Parents and Income
- Will Smith Net Worth 2018: Movies, Wife, Children and House