Table of Contents Hide
- What does Direct Express Pending Deposit Mean?
- Can You Use the Money in Your Account With a Pending Deposit Status?
- How Long Does a Pending Deposit Take to Post?
- How Does Direct Express Deposit Work?
- Basics about your Direct Express Card
- Direct Express Payment Deposit Date and Time
- How do I Check Pending Deposits on Direct Express?
- Social Security Payment Dates
- Social Security Electronic Deposit Policy
- Why Can’t I Find Pending Deposits in my Direct Express Card?
- Bottom Line
Direct Express Pending Deposit status is a situation that throws a lot of its users into confusion.
A lot of Direct Express cardholders always want to know when/if their money is available as it goes a long way in giving them peace of mind.
Typically, a pending deposit means that the money has been deposited on your Direct Express card, but you are not authorized to use it.
The bank is verifying the funds, and it will be available to you soon.
Understanding these rules will keep you from being overly worried when you have a pending deposit status.
This makes this post is handy, as it gives you all the information you need to know about Direct Express Pending Deposits and what to do when you see it.
Let’s get started!
What does Direct Express Pending Deposit Mean?
When your benefits are deposited into your account, the money will show “Pending” until the funds are verified and added to your available balance.
Typically, a pending deposit is money that has been deposited, but not yet authorized for your use.
Banks show you pending deposits so that you can know that the actual deposit is processing. It lets you know that the bank is working on verifying the funds, and that they will be available soon.
This verification keeps the bank from giving you access to money that doesn’t actually exist.
RELATED ARTICLE: 10 Ways On How To Pay Fewer Taxes In 2021 | Insider Secret
Can You Use the Money in Your Account With a Pending Deposit Status?
If you are receiving your government benefits on a Direct Express debit card, knowing exactly when your money is available goes a long way.
So, if you want to know if you can take money out of your account even if the deposit is in pending status, the answer depends on your payment date.
You should only take money from your account on your payment deposit date.
To know your payment deposit date, call the bank or check the schedule HERE.
However, if your pending deposit has not posted to your account, it’s not a good idea to spend that money.
This means that if the available balance in your account does not show the pending deposit, then you should not spend or withdraw money that money.
This is because it is possible that a pending deposit may never post to your account.
For example, if the paying agency cancels or rolls back the deposit, it will not post to the account.
But, if you log into your account on your payment deposit date and it is showing that the deposit is in pending status, you are allowed to take money from your account.
More so, the Social Security Administration and other federal government benefit programs guarantee your payment to be in your account and available to you for use on your payment date.
So, if you want to know if you can take out cash or use your Direct Express card as a method of payment before you receive your Social Security Payment, then the answer is No you cannot.
This is because the Direct Express card is seen as a debit card and not a credit card. So, you cannot receive funds as a loan.
Hence, its important that you wait until your payment date has come before taking money out of your account.
How Long Does a Pending Deposit Take to Post?
Typically, you can expect your pending deposit status to clear within two business days.
In fact, there are regulations surrounding the amount of time a bank can place a hold on a deposit.
Regardless, there are certain exceptions. For instance, a bank can place a hold on funds that raise any suspicions. And this can elongate the time required for the verification to be complete.
In general, banks cannot place indefinite holds on your deposits.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Start a Dropshipping Business in 2021: The Ultimate Guide
How Does Direct Express Deposit Work?
Direct express deposit is a fast and convenient way to receive your government benefits.
Your benefits will be automatically deposited into your prepaid debit card account on the payment day.
Here’s how it works.
With your direct express debit card, you can
#1. Make Purchases and Get Cash Back at Stores
- Present your card when paying for an item. The cashier will ask for your signature or for you to enter your PIN.
- Use your card at the checkout and follow the prompts on the screen.
- There is no fee to get cash back with purchases at participating merchants.
- Enter the cashback amount on the keypad or tell the cashier the amount of cash you need.
- The amount of your purchase plus any cashback will be deducted from your card account balance.
- You can not spend more than the amount in your account.
#2. Make Spending Easy
The Direct Express debit card is a MasterCard, and is accepted at merchant and bank locations worldwide.
So, wherever the MasterCard acceptance mark is displayed, you can use your card. These places include;
- Grocery Stores
- Drug Stores and Pharmacies
- Gas Stations
- Doctors’ Offices
- Department Stores
RELATED ARTICLE: Selling tradelines in 2021: Make $1500/hr very easy & Fast
Basics about your Direct Express Card
Your direct express card is given to you to operate with your prepaid account.
- Your Direct Express card is used solely for your government benefit payment, so you can’t add other funds to the card. The government will automatically deposit your government benefit payment to your card each month.
- Costs often associated with other financial products do not apply to your Direct Express card.
- The Direct Express card helps you avoid fees and keep track of your deposits. That means no more worrying about losing a check in the mail or dealing with cashing your check. You will have access to your benefits anytime and they will be kept safe and secure on your card.
- Your Direct Express card can be used anywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
- When your card expires, you’d automatically be sent a new card before the expiration date. Your government benefit payment will continue to be paid to your new card automatically.
Direct Express Payment Deposit Date and Time
One of the biggest issues of Direct Express card users is what date and time the Social Security and disability benefits are posted.
Generally, you should expect the payment to post at Midnight on your payment date.
For example, if your payment date is the 1st of the month, you should expect the deposit at midnight on the 31st.
This is true, as long as it’s a weekday. However, if the previous day is a weekend or holiday, then expect the payment to be deposited at midnight of the previous business day.
How do I Check Pending Deposits on Direct Express?
There are lots of ways you can view pending deposits on your Direct Express card. They include;
- Check your balance by logging into your account on the Direct Express site or Direct Express cellular app.
- Sign up for the deposit telling on the Direct Express mobile app. It’s free.
- Call the Direct Express customer service number listed on the back of your card and choose option 5. The automatic system will give you the available balance and pending deposits.
- Check your balance at any ATM that displays the MasterCard approval mark. It is possible to use the Direct Express ATM locator to obtain the closest surcharge-free ATM.
RELATED ARTICLE:How do Credit Card Companies Make Money? We have 5 Proven Ways
If you are unsure about your Social Security Payment dates, we can help you figure that out.
Click here to see the most current Social Security payment date for retirement benefits, disability benefits, and supplemental security income benefits.
In addition, see the Social Security Payment Schedule for the current month here.
As of March 1, 2013, Social Security stopped mailing paper checks. Beneficiaries are now required to receive their monthly payments electronically.
The benefit of electronic payment is the promise that you can expect your money to be in your account on time, every time.
This is true whether you’re using direct deposit or the Direct Express debit card.
Why Can’t I Find Pending Deposits in my Direct Express Card?
If your direct deposit doesn’t show on your payment date, the situation might be that it has taken longer time to process.
Or, the paying agency may have canceled the deposit. In this case, the deposit won’t post to your account.
Regardless, pending deposit status is entirely nothing to be worried about.
Direct Express Pending Deposit is no reason for alarm. This is because, most of the time, the bank needs enough time to process the funds hence the status.
I hope this post shows you all you need to know about Direct Express Pending Deposits.
All the best!