Net Worth:$143 Million
- Source of Wealth : Music, Other Businesses
- Birth Place : Long Beach, California, United States
- Height : 6′ 4″ (1.93 m)
- Marital Status : Married (Shante Taylor Broadus)
- Full Name : Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
- Nationality : American
- Date of Birth : October 20, 1971
- Ethnicity : African American
- Weight : 170 lbs (77 kg)
- Occupation : Rapper, Record producer, Actor, Entrepreneur
- Education : Long Beach Polytechnic High School
- Children : 3 (Corde Broadus, Cordell Broadus, Cori Broadus)
American rapper, record producer, marijuana activist, actor and entertainer, Calvin Cordozar “Snoop Dogg” Broadus, Jr., has an estimated net worth of $143 million in 2015. The laid-back rapper followed in the footsteps of such West Coast colleagues as Ice Cube and Ice-T, and added acting to his repertoire in the late ’90s. Raised in Long Beach and nicknamed Snoop due to his resemblance to Peanuts’ top canine. As the embodiment of ’90s gangsta rap, Snoop Dogg blurred the lines between reality and fiction. Introduced to the world through Dr. Dre’s The Chronic, Snoop quickly became the most famous star in rap, partially because of his drawled, laconic rhyming and partially because the violence that his lyrics implied seemed real, especially after he was arrested on charges of being a murder accomplice. The arrest certainly strengthened his myth, and it helped his debut album, 1993’s Doggystyle, become the first debut album to enter the charts at number one.
Snoop is one of the most resilient, wealthiest and most successful rapper to come out of the 1990s rap scene, and one of the few still recording today. An example of West Coast rap, he has released ten solo albums since 1993. Snoop Dogg branched out into acting with a cameo appearance in the stoner comedy Half Baked (1998) and has since been involved with film and television. Over a 20-year career, the rapper has distanced himself from violence to become a savvy pitchman and marketer. Calvin Broadus was born October 20, 1971 at the Los Altos Hospital in Long Beach, California