Net Worth:$1 Billion
- Source of Wealth : creating computer softwares
- Birth Place : Budapest, Hungary
- Marital Status : Married
- Full Name : Charles Simonyi
- Nationality : Hungarian-American
- Date of Birth : September 11, 1948
- Occupation : computer software executive
- Education : Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley
- Children : 2
Charles Simonyi is a Hungarian-American computer software executive which has an estimated net worth of $1 billion.
Charles Simonyi began his career when he was hired by Denmark’s A/S Regnecentralen in 1966. Then, worked for Xerox PARC after he took up his graduating studies at Stanford University. At that time, they developed Xerox Alto, alongside Robert Metcalfe, Alan Kay and Butler Lampson.
In 1974, he and Lampson created Bravo, the first WYSIWYG document preparation program. He applied to Microsoft in 1981, as he developed Word, and Excel. He left Microsoft in 2002, and co-founded a company, Intentional Software.
He was known as a space tourist and aboard Soyuz TMA-10 in 2007. It was followed by his second trip on space in 2009, aboard Soyuz TMA-14.
Charles Simonyi was born on September 11, 1948 in Budapest, Hungary. He graduated from University of California-Berkeley and took up M.S. in Engineering Mathematics & Statistics. He is married to Lisa Persdotter and has two daughters.